Acceptable Use Policy for Yandex.Cloud Platform Services
This document is a translation of "Acceptable Use Policy for Yandex.Cloud Platform Services" in English. In case of conflict between the Russian version of "Acceptable Use Policy for Yandex.Cloud Platform Services" and this translation - only the Russian version of "Acceptable Use Policy for Yandex.Cloud Platform Services" is legally binding. The Russian version of "Acceptable Use Policy for Yandex.Cloud Platform Services" can be found here: https://yandex.ru/legal/cloud_aup/.
This document defines acceptable use policy for Yandex.Cloud Platform Services and forms an integral part of the Contract to Use Yandex.Cloud Platform Services signed by and between Yandex.Cloud LLC (hereinafter referred to as Yandex) and you (hereinafter referred to as the Customer).
1. Prohibition to Store, Place, and Distribute Illegal Content
1.1. The Customer is held fully liable for the Content placed (downloaded) by the Customer on Yandex.Cloud Platform for public and/or limited access. The Customer undertakes to hold harmless Yandex from any third-party claims (including those related to the violation of intellectual property rights) related to the Customer using Yandex's Services.
1.2. Yandex does not control the Content the Customer placed (downloaded) on Yandex.Cloud Platform for public and/or limited access and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and subject matter of such Content.
1.3. Yandex does not pre-censor the Content the Customer posted (downloaded). If the Customer violates the laws of the Russian Federation, Yandex may suspend the Services without prior notice to the Customer.
1.4. Yandex may immediately suspend access to the Services and/or delete the relevant Content without prior notice to the Customer in the following cases:
- 1.4.1. the Customer performing actions to send, post, transfer, reproduce, download, place, distribute in any way, and somehow use any Content, which is illegal, harmful, threatening, slanderous, injures morality, promotes hatred and/or discrimination of people based on race, ethnic background, gender, religion, and social background, contains insults to specific individuals or organizations, affects any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights and/or author's rights and related rights of third parties;
- 1.4.2. the Customer placing links to any Content fully or partially protected by author's rights and related or other rights without securing the rightholder's permission and prohibited by applicable laws;
- 1.4.3. the Customer distributing and/or posting Content that contradicts the requirements of the current laws of the Russian Federation and rules of international law and that infringes third-party rights;
- 1.4.4. placement and promotion of Content containing pornography, child erotica, and advertisements of sexual services;
- 1.4.5. posting and/or transfer of illegal Content, including Content that contributes to incitement of ethnic hatred, violence against any person or a group of persons, or inhuman treatment of animals, encouraging illegal activities, inter alia, explaining how to use explosives and other weapons, etc.;
- 1.4.6. the Customer posting and placing Content, which contains codes that, in their effects, equate to computer viruses, malware, or other similar programs;
- 1.4.7. the Customer performing actions to send, post, transfer, and somehow distribute Content containing information about third parties that is untrue and/or in any way affects the honor and dignity of individuals or the business reputation of legal entities.
2. Prohibition to Falsify Data
2.1. Yandex may immediately suspend access to the Services and/or delete the relevant Content without prior notice to the Customer in the following cases:
- 2.1.1. the Customer performing actions to impersonate another person or representative of an organization and/or community, including Yandex employees, forum moderators, and a website owner, without sufficient rights to do so and to misrepresent properties and features of any subjects or objects;
- 2.1.2. the Customer using any forms and methods of unlawful representation of other persons;
- 2.1.3. provision of names, addresses, phone numbers, logins, passwords, email addresses, etc. that do not belong to the Customer or do not exist as identification details, unless the owners of these details authorized the Customer to use them.
3. Prohibition of Spamming
3.1. Yandex may immediately suspend access to the Services and/or delete the relevant Content without prior notice to the Customer in the following cases:
- 3.1.1. the Customer performing actions to send, transfer, and somehow distribute without the consent of the addressee, to post and/or reproduce Spam advertisements on resources of third-parties without their consent;
- 3.1.2. subscribing a postal address of the owner of the relevant address to any periodic mailings without prior confirmation from the owner of the address (push subscription);
- 3.1.3. periodic mailing with no explicit indication of the way to unsubscribe;
- 3.1.4. sending information to persons who previously clearly stated their unwillingness to receive such information;
- 3.1.5. advertising services, goods, and other materials, which distribution is limited or prohibited by the current laws of the Russian Federation, and advertising spamming and similar services;
- 3.1.6. the Customer performing actions to send, transfer, and somehow distribute lists of other people's email addresses, pyramid schemes, multilevel (network) marketing, online earning systems, chain letters, etc.
4. Restriction on the Use of the Services for Mining
4.1. Yandex may immediately suspend access to the Services without prior notice to the Customer, if the Customer uses the Services for Mining during the Trial Period.
4.2. The restriction specified in cl. 4.1 applies to the Trial Period only.
4.3. Yandex may immediately suspend access to the Services without prior notice to the Customer, if Mining is carried by the Customer using the amount of the Grant, provided to the Customer by Yandex.
4.4. In the case specified in clause 4.3 hereof, Yandex may withdraw the Grant provided to the Customer.
5. Prohibition of Network Attacks
5.1. Yandex may immediately suspend access to the Services without prior notice to the Customer, if the Customer uses Yandex.Cloud Platform without authorization as a platform for network attacks.
6. Prohibition to Scan Internet Hosts6.1. Yandex may immediately suspend access to the Services without prior notice to the Customer, if the Customer scans Internet hosts without authorization.
7. Prohibition to Take Actions Aimed at Disrupting the Platform and Gaining Unauthorized Access to Information and Content of Other Customers and Users of the Platform
7.1. Yandex may immediately suspend access to the Services without prior notice to the Customer, if the Customer takes actions aimed at disrupting Yandex.Cloud Platform and gaining unauthorized access to information and Content of other Customer and Users of Yandex.Cloud Platform.
8. Measures Yandex Takes, if the Policy is Violated
8.1. If the Customer performs actions specified in this Policy and to identify causes of incidents and anomalies in the cloud resources of the Platform provided to the Customer, Yandex may perform memory dumps of Virtual Machines and Database Hosts of the Customer and take other steps to identify causes of relevant incidents and anomalies.
Mining means using the resources of Yandex.Cloud Platform to create cryptocurrency.
Spam means Content sent to the public at large without prior consent.
Yandex.Cloud LLC (OGRN: 1187746678580)
Web address: https://yandex.ru/legal/cloud_aup
Date of placement: December 26, 2018
Effective date: January 01, 2019