Copyright Infringement Policy
Effective Date: December 12, 2012
Current version available at: https://yandex.ru/legal/copyright/
This Policy (hereinafter — “Policy”) contains provisions related to Yandex’s processing of notices of alleged copyright infringement, shall be accessible to you only if your Internet Protocol (IP) address is located in the United States of America, member states of European Union or Switzerland (hereinafter — “Territory”) (as reasonably determined by Yandex) and shall apply exclusively to notices of alleged copyright infringement submitted by or on behalf of right holders residing or registered in the Territory in relation to the use of Yandex search services provided on www.yandex.ru domain and its subdomains (hereinafter — “Services”). The Policy is supplemental to User Agreement for Yandex Services located at: https://yandex.ru/legal/rules/ (hereinafter — “User Agreement”), as well as License to use Yandex Search Engine located at: https://yandex.ru/legal/termsofuse/ (hereinafter — “License”). The Policy shall apply to rendering of Services to the extent it does not contradict provisions of the User Agreement and the License. Definitions used herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the User Agreement and the License.
This Policy shall be applicable within the Territory as of the moment you first commence use of any of the Services. By accessing, browsing or using any of the Services you irrevocably and unconditionally accept and adhere to this Policy and confirm that you agree to be bound by this Policy without any exemptions, limitations and exclusions, and any and all provisions of this Policy shall be enforceable to the fullest extent against you. In the event you disagree with any provision hereof and would not like to be bound by this Policy you shall cease use of the Services immediately.
1. The Services may contain links to websites and content of third parties which is publicly available on the internet. As Yandex does not exercise control over any of the third parties’ websites and resources, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Yandex is not responsible for accessibility, safety, accuracy, availability, legality or completeness of information, content, advertising, commercial offers, products, services and materials on the third party websites and resources. Yandex does not monitor, endorse, review, consider or verify the information and/or content specified in this Clause 1 and is not responsible for any harm, losses and damages, direct or indirect, arising out of your use, accessing, reliance on, purchase, downloading or dealing with any such third party websites and resources.
2. Yandex responds to notices of alleged copyright infringement in compliance with applicable legal requirements. For the Yandex products and services which have account holders, Yandex in its sole discretion may terminate the accounts of repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
If you would like to submit a notice of an alleged copyright infringement, please fill in the online form and follow the guidelines available at https://yandex.ru/support/copyright-complaint/.
We strongly encourage you to submit your notices of alleged copyright infringement via the online forms referred to above. Use of these forms will ensure a more expedient reply to your valid and complete notices. However, Yandex still accepts notices submitted by other means. By submitting any such notices via any other means of communication (such as email, fax or postal mail), you hereby acknowledge and agree that Yandex’s processing of same may be substantially delayed and less effective, and your further hereby consent without any objection to such slower processing speed and decreased effectiveness.
If you would nevertheless prefer to use other means of communication, please send any written communication to Yandex’s designated agent at the address provided below (no email attachments, please). Yandex cannot guarantee that emails with attachments will be received for safety and security reasons. Therefore, your email containing attachments will likely be not processed.
Attention: Copyright Agent
16 Lva Tolstogo Str.,
Moscow, 119021, Russia
Phone: +7 (495) 739-7000
Fax: + 7 (495) 739-7070
If you are sending a notice of alleged copyright infringement using other means of communication (such as email, fax or postal mail), please provide the information required in the online form located at https://yandex.ru/support/copyright-complaint/, keeping the order of presentation. In particular, you are required to provide at least the following information:
(1) Your first name and last name;
(2) Your address (including the country of residence / location) and telephone number;
(3) Your email address (if available);
(4) Name, address and contact details of the copyright holder you represent or indication that you act in your own name;
(5) Type, identification and description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
(6) Precise location (URL) of the authorized copy of the work (for example, if the authorized copy is available on the copyright holder’s website) or specify that the work is not available online;
(7) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and nature of the infringement;
(8) Precise location (URL) of the material that is claimed to be infringing;
(9) The following statements:
a. “By submitting the notice and signing with my signature, I confirm that I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”; and
b. “I confirm that the information in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”;
(10) Your signature and date of the notice.
Please note that submission of false claims or provision of false information may lead to legal liability.