Smart banner. Advertising requirements
This document is a translation of Smart banner. Advertising requirements in English. In case of conflict between the Russian version of Smart banner. Advertising requirements and this translation - only the Russian version of Smart banner. Advertising requirements is legally binding. The Russian version of Smart banner. Advertising requirements can be found here: https://yandex.ru/legal/direct_adv_rules_smart_banner/?lang=ru.
1. Advertising materials in the Yandex.Direct system shall comply with the requirements set forth in this document as well as with the requirements set forth in the “General Terms and Conditions. Advertising Requirements” (https://yandex.ru/legal/general_adv_rules/), “Regulations for Placing Advertisements on Yandex” (https://yandex.ru/legal/adv_rules/).
2. The Advertiser shall be prohibited to place banners with advertising of alcohol, beer, and beer-based beverages; tobacco, tobacco products, and smoking accessories; risk-based games and bets; weapons, drugs, medical equipment, medical devices, medical services and treatment methods; dietary supplements; pyrotechnics, abortions and baby food, jewelry in case of distance selling, including smart banners referring to the delivery of products, containing the Buy button, etc., along with any other advertising violating laws of the Russian Federation, laws of the Advertiser’s country of residence or any other applicable laws and third-party rights, including intellectual rights.
2.1. When Smart Banners made up of a changeable part only are placed, the Advertiser is prohibited, in addition to the forbidden subjects specified in cl. 2 above, from placing banners advertising financial services, including advertising meant to attract money investments in shared construction to build (create) apartment houses and / or other real estate units, along with information products subject to classification in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Law “On Protection of children from information harmful to their health and development”, namely those intended for use within the territory of the Russian Federation, media products, printed products, audiovisual materials on any carriers, programs for electronic computers (computer software), and database, as well as information distributed by means of entertainment events, by means of information and telecommunications networks, including the Internet, and mobile telephone communications.
3. Format advertising material: banner (pixels): 240х400, 240х600 (does not applicable to Smart-banners consisting of changeable component only), 300х250, 728х90, 300х500, 300х600, 970х250, 1000x120
All banner element links shall comply with the following rules:
1. The maximum number of characters in links contained in a banner (URL) shall not exceed 1024 characters.
2. Links (URL) to a website (an Internet-based information resource, which address (URL) an Advertiser specified for a specific banner (banner element)) are only acceptable in UTF-8 coding. The said links shall specify a protocol (http:// or https://). If no protocol is specified, http:// is added automatically. If no protocol is specified in a link (URL) to a website, the Advertiser shall independently make sure that the said automatic function specified the protocol correctly.
All text elements contained in a banner with dynamic content shall comply with the following requirements:
The ad text must be in Russian, contain no spelling mistakes and be grammatically correct. The text shall be legible (distinguishable) against the banner's color background. Prices and the call-to-action button (for example, “Buy”, “Book”, etc.) (if available) must also be legible (distinguishable). Advertising texts may not contain the following:
Interspacing (words with spaces between l e t t e r s) and uppercase words. Exceptions include abbreviations consisting of initial letters (USSR, USA, etc.);
phone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses, icq numbers or other online messaging addresses;
- html code.
An advertisement consists of a fixed and a changeable part.
The constant component (if applicable) of the banner includes (at the advertiser’s discretion):
The Advertiser’s logo
A special offer (if available)
A link (URL) leading from the special offer to the advertiser’s website
Information on promotional events and discounts (if applicable)
Information which must be provided in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Law On Advertising
Legal information relating to the vendor of goods/services.
- A call-to-action button (for example, “Buy”, “Book”, etc.)
A file containing an Advertiser’s logo shall be no more than 800 pixels wide and 800 pixels high. The file size shall not exceed 100 KB.
It is not permissible to use low-quality logos in advertisements, including:
- logos with distortions and noise (artifacts) due to file compression
- low-resolution logos, logos with low-definition graphics and pixels
- logo text shall be contrasting and easily readable
- accepted frequency change of elements in the logo shall not be one in two seconds. A break in animation is required not less than 30 seconds.
Advertising materials shall comply with the requirements of Russian legislation, in particular, requirements of the Federal Law On Advertising.
Information stipulated by the Federal Law On Advertising must be provided (no more than 130 characters – for information on the vendor of goods; no more than 55 characters – for information on the duration and terms and conditions of a promo/event (if applicable).
The changeable component of a banner includes (at the Advertiser’s discretion):
Image of goods, work or service
Offer (name of product offering)
The previous price of goods, work or service
The new price of goods, work or service
The discount on goods, work or service
- A link (URL) leading from the goods, work or service to the Advertiser’s website
Additional configurable parameters.
Requirements for images of goods, work or service
Supported formats: JPG, PNG, GIF.
Image size: At least 100 pixels for all sides.
The image shall be high quality (including, but not limited to: pictures should not be blurred, have visible pixels, be stretched vertically or horizontally, etc.), sharp, without compression artifacts (images produced from lower definition images by upsampling or interpolation).
The image of the advertising offer in the Changeable part of the banner shall correspond to the advertising object and the contents of the website page to which the advertising link leads. The image of an advertising offer shall comply with the applicable legal requirements, including, but not limited to, legislation regarding advertising, competition protection, intellectual property, as well as with the requirements for advertising materials specified by Yandex, including the Yandex advertising policy.
The advertising offer image shall not contain:
Graphic user interface elements (e.g., buttons, cursors, text link text) or advertising platforms design;
Any form of text, except: (a) words such as “promo”, “discounts”, “sale” or other similar words, if this information must be presented in the advertising text itself and on the website page containing the advertising offer; (b) the name of goods and/or trademark, which is an integral part of the package of the product itself;
Images of people, animals, except where such image is used on the package of the product being advertised or on the product itself, or where it is impossible for the consumer to understand the product and/or service being advertised without an image of this product and/or service being advertised in the context of a human body and/or parts thereof (for example advertising of footwear, clothes, makeup and hairdressing services);
- Products or other symbols of the Advertiser’s competitors.
The description of an advertising offer shall comply with the applicable legal requirements, including, but not limited to, legislation regarding advertising, competition protection, intellectual property, as well as with the requirements for advertising materials specified by Yandex, including the Yandex advertising policy.
Date of placement: 26 March 2018
Effective Date: 26 March 2018
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/direct_adv_rules_smart_banner/06102017/
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/direct_adv_rules_smart_banner/21062017/
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/direct_adv_rules_smart_banner/28102016/
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/direct_adv_rules_smart_banner/11082016/
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/direct_adv_rules_smart_banner/05072016/
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/direct_adv_rules_smart_banner/09122015/
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/direct_adv_rules_smart_banner/01122015/