Adfox placement on AMP pages
With the number of mobile users constantly growing, browsers offer new solutions to streamline the loading of mobile sites. However, such solutions put a number of restrictions on ad tag placement.
In this article, we'll look at options for placing ads using Adfox on AMP-enabled web pages.
AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) is a technology that lets you create mobile sites that load and run fast. AMP imposes restrictions on the use of external components, so to integrate ads in such pages, you need to use special AMP ad units available in Adfox and in the Partner Interface.
Adfox is listed as a supported platform by the AMP Project.
Specifics of Adfox placement on AMP pages:
- Use only predefined banner types labeled “AMP”.
- Ad tags must be designed for placements with the “AMP” code format.
Templates have predefined widths and heights. When an image is loaded to a banner, the image size and the banner width/height are checked.
- You can't place formats that overflow the parent element, for example: Fullscreen, Background, Banner Line, pop-up, banner expand, and others.
Step 1. Create placements and get the ad tag
On the AMP are added. You can select them for creating your placements and banners.tab, banner types labeled
Create the structure of the site, sections, and placements using banner types labeled AMP.Note. If you plan to place ads on a site under a contract with an advertiser or agency to display ads in Russia and transfer data about these ad impressions to the Russian state register through the Yandex advertising data operator, then before adding the site, enter information about the contractor (site owner) in the Marking tab. For more information, see Transferring data to the Yandex advertising data operator and getting a token.
When you get the ad tag, the interface automatically suggests the Code type suitable for the placement:
Width, Height: Enter the placement dimensions on the site page. Make sure to enter dimensions for any AMP banner type, including AMP Adaptive.
Step 2. Add campaigns and banners
Before adding your first campaign, create an advertiser.
2.1 Add a campaign
Go to the Campaigns tab and click Add.
Set the campaign settings.
After the campaign is added, the Placement tab opens.
Enable the campaign placement using the option to the left of the site name and click Change.
2.2 Add banners
Before adding banners, prepare your advertising materials.
Not all banner formats can be used on mobile AMP pages, only those listed below. The format name contains a link to the technical requirements for ads and describes the rules for adding them to the Adfox interface.
- Go to the Banners tab and click Add.
- Select the AMP banner type that you used to create the placement for the banner.
- Select the ad format.
- Specify the banner settings, upload the advertising materials that you prepared.
- If necessary, add the automatic “Ad” label and indicate the advertiser.
- If you chose to Submit data to state register at the campaign level, add the creative data in the Settings for Russian ad register section. For more information, see Transferring data to the Yandex advertising data operator and getting a token.
- Click Add.
You can set up targeting for your campaign or banner if you want.
Step 3. Enable monetization
For AMP placements, you can use Monetization from the Yandex Advertising Network.
- In the Adfox account, go to thetab and link your Yandex Advertising Network login.
- Go to the Display advertising tab. Select the placement that you want to link your Yandex Advertising Network ad unit to.
By default, the ad unit is linked to the placement identified by the banner type and position in all sections of the site. However, if you need to link different ad units to the placement in different site sections, click Show sections and link the ad units directly to the placement in the desired section.
Click and select a placement in the Yandex Advertising Network that you need to create a unit for.
Set up a new Banner unit. In the Display ad size field, select the format that matches the placement's dimensions in Adfox.
Adfox banner type Media ad format in the Yandex Advertising Network 300 × 250 AMP 300 × 250 300 × 300 AMP 300 × 300 AMP Adaptive Custom. The width and height for the custom ad unit must not exceed the dimensions specified when obtaining the ad tag in the Adfox interface. Adfox banner type Media ad format in the Yandex Advertising Network 300 × 250 AMP 300 × 250 300 × 300 AMP 300 × 300 AMP Adaptive Custom. The width and height for the custom ad unit must not exceed the dimensions specified when obtaining the ad tag in the Adfox interface.
As a result, an ad unit will be created and the ad unit ID will be displayed in the YAN block ID column.