Use Incognito mode to keep your search queries and browsing secret. the Yandex Browser beta version won't save your passwords and autofill data, search queries, history, and URLs of visited pages. But all changes to settings, downloaded files, and bookmarks are saved.
What Incognito mode protects you from
In Incognito mode, browsing history and other data are not saved. They won't be available to:
- Website owners who collect data for marketing purposes.
- People who may get access to your computer.
However, information about your activity will be available to your internet provider (if it uses DPI), the administrator of the local network through which you access the internet, and the administrator of the site on which you enter your personal data.
Turn Incognito mode on and off
Open a window in Incognito mode using any of the methods:
- Right-click the link and select Open link in Incognito mode.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + N (in Windows and Linux).
An Incognito window is marked with the icon.
To exit Incognito mode, close the window. Yandex Browser will delete the cookie files that were created while working in this window.
Extensions in Incognito mode
By default, extensions are disabled in Incognito mode. Some of them can be enabled manually. To turn on the extension:
- Click Details under the description of the extension.
- Enable the Allow use in Incognito mode option.