A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent by the web server and stored on the user's computer.
- If a user must log in to access a site, then their username and password may be stored in a cookie. That way, you won't need to enter them when you visit the site again.
- If you select products from an online store, cookies may store information about products you added to your cart. If you leave a site without placing an order and then return to it, you will see the products you added to your cart previously.
- If pages on the site need to be personalized, your personal information may be stored in a cookie. For example, let's say you enter your name the first time you visit a site. When you visit in the future, you may be greeted with "Hello, Alice".
Privacy risks of cookies
Cookies can be used for malicious purposes. If your account passwords are stored in cookies and someone else uses your tablet, they can access your accounts. Cookies can be used to find out what pages you've visited and use this data to display obtrusive ads.
In general, disabling cookies will cause you more inconvenience than it's worth, but if you want to do everything possible to prevent your data from leaking, you will need to disable cookies. However, some sites may stop working properly after you do this.
Delete cookie files
You can delete all cookie files to protect privacy or free up memory in the tablet.
- Tap .
- Go to the Privacy section.
- Tap Clear data.
- Enable Cookies.
- Disable all the other options (if you only want to delete cookies).
- Tap Clear.
- Confirm deletion.