What is Yandex Zen?
Zen is the Yandex personal recommendation service. It selects news articles, blog posts, and other publications that you may find interesting. The selection is based on your browsing history and stated preferences. Recommendations start appearing in your browser once there’s enough material to analyze and base selections on.
To read an article, click it in the feed and the full text will open in a new tab.
Customize your recommendations feed
Zen tries to build content of the recommendations feed according to your interests by analyzing which online publications you read. Customization takes time. To shorten the time, rate the publications right in Zen:
- If you like a posting, click on in the lower right corner of the recommendation and Zen will recommend more of the same materials. The site will be added to your favorites list.
- If you don’t like a posting, click on in the lower right corner of the recommendation and Zen will recommend less of the same materials.
- If you don’t want to view materials on this site, click the icon in the lower right corner of the recommendation and then the Block <...> link. The site will be added to your blocked list.
The more ratings you make in Zen, the better it matches your interests.
- Go to the Appearance section.
- Deselect the Show Zen — your personal recommendations feed — in new open tabs option.