You can create a demo store in your Merchant Profile to configure and test payments before launching your main store.
How to create a demo store
This depends on which protocol you use to implement Yandex.Checkout (check this in the Store settings — Protocol section).
If you are connected via the API
The demo store appears as soon as you complete and send the technical questionnaire.
If you're already working with Yandex.Checkout and want to test payments, you can create a demo store manually using your Merchant Profile. This can be done by users with the Owner or Developer role (see Users).
1. Find the Demo store section in the store's settings.
2. Click Create a demo store, and you'll see the "Demo store created" message. Wait a few minutes and refresh the page. After that, you can select the demo store from the drop-down Stores list in the top left corner.
If you are connected via HTTP Protocol
1. During the process of implementing Yandex.Checkout, at the "Verification" stage, set the parameters for your demo store:
- checkUrl is the URL for requests for checking and canceling orders.
- avisoUrl is the URL for notifications on successful payments.
- shopPassword is a secret word specified under your payment module or used for verifying authenticity and continuity of the requests. See documentation for details
2. Click Test payments, and you'll see the "Demo store created" message . Wait a few minutes and refresh the page. After that, you can select the demo store from the drop-down Stores list in the top left corner.
If you're already working with Yandex.Checkout and want to test payments, contact your manager or technical specialist, and they will help you create the demo store.
How to set up a demo store
1. Visit the Demo Store: you can access it by clicking Stores.
2. Under the Settings section, specify the URL in your system for our notifications about successful payments. It's better to use a separate URL for test notifications (not the one you specify for notifications on real transactions in your store).
3. Issue a secret key for your Demo Store.
1) View Settings, find Secret key and click Issue key.
2) Activate the key by confirming it with a password from a text message (you will need a linked phone number).
3) Copy the key (Yandex.Checkout won't save it) and specify it on your side.
How to make test payments
Using Demo Store, you can test payments from Yandex.Money Wallets and with bank cards. Funds are not debited for test payments, but the payment process is identical to the real one: you will receive all Yandex.Checkout's notifications.
1. Enter the testing data for authentication in Yandex.Checkout on your side:
- secret key from Demo Store
- Demo Store's ID (
2. Make a purchase as your client will do it: go to your online store, add a product to the shopping cart, click Pay.
Use our test bank card to make card payments. Demo Store will not process payments made with real cards, returning an error.
Payments made with real wallets will not be processed either. This is why you need to log out of your Yandex>Money account before testing wallet payments.
Payments are made in two stages. First, you send a request for a payment, then you need to capture or cancel it (see Deferred payments).
If you want to make payments in one stage without confirmation, specify that in the initial request
capture=true (view in documentation).
Check refunds are working
Make a refund from your Merchant Profile. If you are going to make refunds via API, make sure everything works (see Documentation for refunds).