Mobile point-of-sale (mPOS)
Mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) allows for accepting payments from bank cards wherever you like: upon delivery, during any events, or at the counter.
mPOS consists of your smartphone and a card reader, which you can buy from Yandex.Checkout (if you're signed up).
- Reader is compatible with phones and tablets running on Android (4.1 and newer) and iOS (8.0 and newer)
- The reader connects to your phone or tablet via bluetooth
- The reader processes cards with a magnetic stripe or a chip, as well as contactless cards (the ones that only require tapping for payment)
Ordering a reader
You can order a reader after onboarding with Yandex.Checkout.
First, fill out an application for a mobile terminal. In this application, specify groups of products and services you are going to accept payment for using the mPOS: for instance, 'flowers delivery' or 'taxi service'. Then print out, sign, and seal it.
Download the application form (.docx)
Then, write to email@example.com:
- Use "Application for a mobile terminal" and your shopId as the subject.
- In the email, specify how many readers you need and the most convenient way for to get them: delivery by Russian Post or pickup at a Yandex.Money office (specify the city: Moscow, Saint Petersburg, or Nizhny Novgorod).
- Add a scanned copy or photo of your signed application.
The Yandex.Checkout manager will send you an invoice for the terminal in response. You will need to transfer the money from the settlement account of the company connected to Yandex.Checkout.
Collecting a reader
You can either get it by Russian Post or collect it in our office. You can choose what suits you best when ordering the reader.
In our office
We have offices in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, and Nizhny Novgorod. View addresses
Your chief executive, an employee, or a delivery boy can collect the reader. The documents to have when collecting readers:
- CEO — passport and company seal,
- company employee — passport and the power of attorney to accept valuable assets,
- courier — courier's reference for accepting the reader.
The reader is kept in the office for two weeks.
By Russian Post
As soon as we send the reader, we will send you an email with the track number: you will be able to track the shipment on the website of the Russian Post. Delivery term depends on the post service.
The post service keeps the parcel in the post office for 30 days.
How to use mPOS
There are three models of readers:
- C14 and C15 were sold until June 2018.
- P17 is on sale now.
That's why we have two separate instructions. Each of them explains how to activate the terminal, how to accept payments, and what to do in problematic situations.
Fees and limits
Commission is 2.75% of the amount of a successful payment, charged to the seller. If a client pays 1,000 rubles, 972.5 rubles will be credited to your company's account.
- maximum amount of one payment—15,000 rubles
- you can accept up to 100,000 rubles a day and 500,000 rubles a month via one reader.