To pass moderation, your ad should be formatted correctly:
Yandex does not accept advertisements for certain products and services, and also applies additional rules to certain subjects. This is due to legal restrictions and Yandex's Advertising Requirements.
Title, text, and callout
The text of the ad and callouts must clearly state the subject of the advertisement (the product or service).
Comparative or superlative forms of words can be used in your ad text and callouts only if your website contains an independent expert conclusion on the advantages of your product or service over other products or services. If no such conclusions are available, do not use words in superlative form.
If you advertise a news resource, please use a phrase in the ad's text indicating that the link leads to an information site. For this purpose, use phrases with such words as “see more” and “details at”. If an ad text contains information about a news article published on the advertiser's site, then the ad should lead to the webpage where said article is published.
- slang, crude, or colloquial expressions
- false information (knowingly misleading promises and statements)
- calls to aggression, inciting acts of cruelty or violence
- repetition of the same words or phrases
- contact information (for example, phone numbers, email addresses)
- words or phrases in foreign languages (except for brands and trademarks)
- prices in foreign currencies
- distressing words or phrases (for example, “terrorist attack”, “murder”, “death”, “peril”)
Make sure the following are not present in ad texts:
- typos, grammar, and spelling mistakes
- words written using s p a c e s
- words written in ALL CAPS (with the exception of abbreviations like DIY)
Website and links
Please make sure that the redirect page that your ad refers to meets Yandex's requirements:
- is relevant to the ad text
- is accessible and properly displays in all web browsers
- does not include malicious content, links to phishing websites that steal personal data, or redirects to third party websites
- does not contain pop-ups or pop-unders (except contact forms for online consultations, etc.)
- the ad block does not cover more than half of the first screen
- information about discounts, products, or services mentioned in the ad is clearly visible on the redirect page
- if the ad link leads to website in a language other than the language of the ad, you must provide information about this in the ad's text.
If you use sitelinks please check whether they meet the following requirements:
- The domain of a sitelink must match the domain of the main link from an ad. Links to different social network pages that advertise the given item is the only exception to this rule.
- If there are several sitelinks in the ad, they must refer to different parts of the website. If the website contains only one page, the sitelinks must refer to different parts of this page.
- Sitelinks do not duplicate the main ad link.
- Texts and sitelink descriptions:
- do not contain typos, grammar errors, and the words are not capitalized nor contain spaces between letters
- are relevant to the contents of the redirect page
- are not duplicated
- do not contain contact information
Is relevant to the ad text
Does not contain transliterated words
Does not contain symbols other than “
Meets the same requirements as for the ad text
Keywords must be directly related to the ad content.
Avoid loose keywords that do not accurately describe your product or service, e.g.: buy, apartment, discount. Replace them with phrases that specify your offer: buy children's chair at a discount, buy apartment in the center of Moscow and so on.
Products and services that include “adult content” can be advertised only for exact target queries from users who have indicated that they want to view such ads. For example, when advertising erotic lingerie, the use of more general keywords, such as underwear, is not allowed.
The ad's vCard should contain a contact phone number. Make sure the phone number is valid. Moderators will call during the organization's office hours.
You can add the following details: the contact person's name and detailed information about a product or service. The text in the vCard must meet the same requirements as the ad text.
In case of online sales (if you have no retail points of sale), specify the organization's name, its OGRN (main state registration number for legal entities), or OGRNIP (main state registration number for individual entrepreneurs).
Images and icons for mobile apps
is high-quality and sharp
Matches the heading, ad text, and content of the page the ad redirects to.
Logos, watermarks, and text on the image must not take up more than 20% of the entire image. The exception is cases when they are found on the product's packaging, in screenshots of an application, or in the images used for image ads.
Furthermore, image text must meet the same requirements as ad text.
Interface elements must lead to the site or launch the application. This may be a button with text like “More”, “Order”, or “Purchase”. Do not add interface elements that can mislead the user or do not do what they are supposed to, such as buttons that play videos or close windows.
Images must not contain the following:
products or logos of your competitors (for example, to compare the quality of products)
goods and services, the advertising of which is forbidden or restricted according to the laws of the Russian Federation (weapons, alcohol, narcotic and psychotropic substances, tobacco products, smoking accessories, gambling, etc.)
design elements of Yandex webpages
empty areas, or a single color area making up more than 20% of the whole image
It is allowed to use the image of a product that is similar in appearance to a weapon if you can deduce without ambiguity that the advertised product is not a weapon.
Images for advertising funeral services or adult only products are not accepted. Images with an erotic or sexual subtext may not be accepted, as well as images that can be perceived ambiguously, or that may shock or evoke negative emotions.
The app icon in ads for mobile apps must not contain images and text referring to products and services that are prohibited or restricted from being advertised by the laws of the Russian Federation (weapons, alcohol, narcotic and psychotropic substances, tobacco products, smoking accessories, gambling, etc.).
Requirements for creatives of image ads differ from those for other types of pictures. Notably, you can use your logo and contact information.
All information required by legislation and Yandex's Ad Serving Rules must be present in the creative, including age restrictions and warnings.
Creative must have clear visible borders and an opaque background. The border color must not match the background color. The image of a creative cannot be deformed, contain compression artifacts, or reduced to a form that makes it difficult to understand (obfuscated).
The ad text must be found on the creative itself, the text's color should contrast against the background, and it should be easy to read (please avoid overly bright colors).
You cannot use rapid animations, flickering graphic elements, or a flashing background when using GIFs for your creative. The time it takes to switch between frames of animation should be sufficient to read all of the text shown on that frame.
Interface elements in the creative must lead to the site or launch the application. This may be a button with text like “More”, “Order”, or “Purchase”. Do not add interface elements that can mislead the user or do not do what they are supposed to, such as buttons that play videos or close windows.
The full list of advertising rules and requirements is given in the following documents: