Creating smart banners
Smart banners are currently in beta testing. Access to smart banner creation is limited. Contact your Yandex manager for help, or refer to the services of your ad agency.
To create smart banners, complete the following steps:
- Step 1. Add a feed (information about the products or services)
You can provide information on your product offerings in the price list in a specific format — this is called a feed. To add a feed, click on the Feed management link on the “My campaigns” page and click +Add feed in the window that appears.
Enter the name of the feed and select the business type which best describes your product offers. Add a link to the feed file or upload it. Read more about adding a feed.Attention. Once you save a feed, it will not be possible to change the business type.
- Step 2. Create creatives for smart banners in the ad builder
- To create creatives, on the “My campaigns” page, click on the Creatives for smart banners link and click the +Create creatives button in the page that opens. You can use different layouts and design settings in the ad builder.
- Step 3. Create a campaign
In the Create campaign drop-down menu, select Smart banners. In the campaign settings you must enter a Metrica counter number.
Then create a smart banner group. Select one of your uploaded feeds and add up to 50 creatives. Please note that the only creatives that will be available are those whose subject corresponds to the business type in the feed. You can add the whole group of creatives, or several creatives from the group.
- Step 4. Select a strategy
Three automatic strategies are available for this type of campaign. Decide what result the system should focus on and select the appropriate strategy:
- Step 5. Configure filters
To generate smart banners, you can use the whole feed or individual offers that are selected using filters.
On the ad group editing page, click +New filter and add up to 50 filters connected by the conjunction “OR”. Please note that when adding new filters you can manage only those settings which correspond to the selected business type.