FAQ about reports
- The tag is not installed on the site.
- The tag is installed incorrectly. Check the code snippet.
- Another Yandex.Metrica tag is installed on your site.
Other scripts are blocking the Yandex.Metrica tag on the site. You can check this in the browser console.
To fix errors, contact the employee who is responsible for website support.
- The tag is blocked by the Adblock Plus extension.
- The mc.yandex.ru domain is blocked in the hosts file on your OS.
The code for the tags is installed incorrectly. Some browsers may ignore this code, while some may be able to handle it.
The code for tags is installed at the bottom of an HTML page. If the user stops loading such a page and it doesn't load completely, some of the tags may not have time to register the session.
- Ad blockers prevent certain tags from being loaded.
- Part of the tags do not count the display due to errors on the statistics server or interruptions to the internet connection.
- The tags use different data processing algorithms.
- Enter the tag ID in the Metrica tags box.
- Keep the option enabled (URLs from Yandex.Direct ads will have the yclid=... tag appended to them).
The main reasons why the tag might not collect data are:
Statistics from multiple tags will always vary. This usually occurs for the following reasons:
If the site is set up incorrectly, its address with the "www" prefix and its address without this prefix are interpreted as two different sites by search engines. To prevent this error from reflecting on tag results, we combine statistics for these domains.
To set up the site correctly, edit the .htaccess file on your server or contact your system administrator.
For correct calculation of traffic from various ad systems, you must use UTM or OpenStat tags.
For information about using tags, see the instructions for setting up the report.
If a site user is inactive longer than the time specified in the tag settings (the session timeout), and does not close the browser window, a new “session” is created when the user resumes activity. In the report, this session will be shown in the Internal traffic field.
For more information about using tags, see How Yandex.Metrica works with tags.
In order for Yandex.Metrica reports to show information about Yandex.Direct campaigns, you need to take these steps in Yandex.Direct on the Campaign parameters page:
For more information about reasons for data discrepancies, see Statistics on Yandex.Direct campaigns.
The total number of users in the Totals and averages line is calculated as the number of users over the selected time period, not as the total of all users.
Reports for a specific day show the number of users that visited the site on that day. Some of these users might return to the site on another day. In the daily statistics, these users will be recounted, but they will only be counted once in the Totals and averages line.
As a result, the total number of users in the Totals and averages line is lower than the total of all the users for all the days in the specified time period.