Mobile Phone Number and Email Address
You need to have your phone number specified to get payment passwords and notifications about operations with your Wallet.
You can specify your linked phone number instead of your Wallet number when you add money to it or make a transfer.
To your email, you will get receipts, important service messages, and news.
One Phone and Several Wallets
You can link one mobile phone number with up to 10 Wallets and set up receiving text message passwords and operation notifications to this number for all of your Wallets.
Deposits and transfers by a phone number will only work for one Wallet, the one that was linked with this number last.
Changing Linked Phone Number
Push the pencil icon under your Wallet Settings:
- Specify new phone number; we will send you a text message code.
- Enter the code on the site.
- That done, delete the phone number you no longer need.
You need to change the phone number individually for Yandex.Money: even if you changed it for Yandex.Mail or other services.
What to Do if the Phone Got Lost
If you are sure no one will use your SIM card, simply issue a new one with the same phone number.
If your SIM card fall into someone else's hands, we recommend change the phone number. In this case, you have two options:
- if you have emergency codes, link a new mobile phone number (under your Settings)
- if you do not have emergency codes, contact our Support Service. Your Wallet will be temporary blocked to prevent anybody from using it.
The latter option requires you to file a paper application for linking a new phone number.
- Make a copy of your passport (the main page with your photo).
- Notarize either the passport copy or your signature on your application.
- Send these documents by registered mail to the address: POB 57, NBCO Yandex.Money LLC, 115035 Moscow.
You need to fill the application form out, then print your ready application and sign it.
If you cannot visit our office, send it by registered post. This requires the following:
Activating Text Message Notifications
Simply pay subscription fee for text messages. Its cost depends on the term: 50 rubles for 1 month, 200 rubles for 6 months, and 350 rubles for 1 year.
We only send text messages to a linked phone number. The sender's name is YandexMoney or 1960.
If you got a message from another number, it is a fraud.
We will notice you three days prior to the subscription expire, so you will be able to renew it.
Changing Email Address and Unsubscribing
When you register, we automatically create you an email address on Yandex: your firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you provide other address, you need to confirm it: you will get an email message with a confirmation link.
After registration, you can change the email address under your Wallet Settings. You can also activate or disable notification and news messages there under the “Notifications” folder.