Virtual Yandex.Money Card
This is a real Mastercard, but without a material carrier.
You can use it online and, if you add it to Apple Pay (Google Pay), offline as well.
The card number is saved on our site. The card's expiration date and CVC code is sent to you in a text message. To make payment, specify these details in an online store or service you are paying at—Yandex.Taxi, AppStore, Google Play.
Common balance: how it works
Card and Wallet complement each other: they have different numbers, but utilize one balance.
If you add money to your Wallet, you can spend it with your card right away—at any online store. If you spend money using the card, your Wallet balance decreases.
You can track the balance on our site or in Yandex.Money mobile app. We also provide text message notifications for 50 ₽ per month or 350 ₽ / year. We renew it automatically (unless you disable the subscription).
Pricing, Commission, and Other Conditions
The card is free, expires in one year, and operates online only.
Payments with our card are commission free. Exception: if an online store uses an MCC of money transfers.
Commission for transfers from this card is 3% of the amount, but no less than 100 ₽. The commission is applied in the following cases:
- you are transferring money to another card via MasterCard MoneySend
- you are adding money using the LiqPay service
- you are issuing a virtual «Russian Standard Bank» card and add money to it
- you are adding money to Beeline's mobile card (card only; phone balance won't do) or send money through «Beeline. Transfer».
The limits depend on your user status on Yandex.Money.
- anonymous users can spend up to 15,000 ₽ at a time and 40,000 ₽ per month,
- identified users can spend (or transfer) up to 250,000 ₽ at a time. Monthly limits are 3 million for payments and 600,000 ₽ for transfers.
Instant cashback in points
Cashback is credited for payments online as well as at the checkouts (do not forget to add the virtual card to Apple Pay or Google Pay):
- 5% in the categories of the month,
- 1% for all online payments,
- 1% for all purchases at checkouts, or 5% for every fifth purchase: your choice.
Instant cashback is immediately available for spending, almost everywhere you pay with a wallet. 1 bonus point = 1 ₽.
Please note: you need to spend more than 1,000 ₽ per month in order to receive exactly 5%. If you spend less, cashback is reduced to 0.5%.
Maximum cashback per month is 2,000 points.
Ordering a Card
The card is issued instantly: find the button for issuing under the Bank Cards section.
Push the button, enter your password, and that's it: the card appears in your Wallet. We will keep the card number on our site and send its CVC and expiration date to your phone.
You can view the number or request for a text message with other card details at any moment. As previously, from the Bank Cards section.
Nuance: to get the card, you need to have your phone number linked to your Wallet.
Paying with Card
online—by card details: the number is stored on the website, CVC code and expiration date are sent in the text message. If a store requests the cardholder name, enter you first and last name.
Offline—using Apple Pay or Google Pay. As soon as you add your card to any wallet, we will send you a text message with the PIN code. You can change the PIN code afterwards on the Yandex.Money's website in the card settings.
Money is always debited from your Wallet. Entries about your payments are recorded to your account History.
Payments on Non-Russian Sites and Currency Conversion
If you got an identified user status, you can pay with a virtual Yandex.Money card on any sites worldwide.
If you are yet to upgrade your user status, your account is deemed anonymous. In this case, you will only be able to pay at Russian online stores.
- Billing Address—home address.
- Address 1—house number, apartment number, street. For instance: 1/11 Queens blvrd.
- Address 2—optional field. You can specify a part of the city if you have several streets with the same name in your city.
- State—county or region. For instance: City of London or Greater London.
- ZIP or Postal Code—your postal code.
Besides usual card details, you may need to specify additional information.
- A payment amount according to the current conversion rate is reserved on your account.
- MasterCard processes payments for one-two business days. In the meantime, the conversion rate changes.
- The service deducts the amount calculated according to the up-to-date conversion rate: if the target currency become more expensive, the difference is deducted from your account, if it become cheaper, the difference is added to your account.
Virtual card is in rubles if you have not activated the multicurrency cards package.
Multicurrency support: the card can operate 10 currencies at once (besides rubles). Exchange rate is almost the same as on the exchange market. The card switches between accounts automatically and even purchases currency if you don't have enough of it to make a payment.
No support: if you pay in currency, rubles are still debited from your wallet at the rate of MasterCard + 2.9%. In a day or two, an additional debit entry will appear in your History: a debit or credit of a small amount. This is usually a few dozens of rubles or even kopecks (depending on the payment amount). This is the exchange rate differential.
The payment flow is as follows:
Bank Card Details Storing
Bank card details are initially stores on our site, protected by your passwords: sign-in passwords and operation confirmation password. We send your card's expiration date and CVC code in a text message to your linked phone number. The button for checking details is in the Bank Cards section.
Storing details separately in different places is the most secure way: if someone sees a text message with your virtual card's details, its number is not in it. And on the contrary: the card's number is useless without its expiration date and CVC.
If you keep all these details in one place, please be careful. The key point is not to let strangers get all these details and your mobile phone: we send payment confirmation passwords to this phone.
What to Do If Card Details Got Lost (Stolen)
The main thing: remember you can cancel your virtual card at any moment. You do not even need a password for it. Push the button under the Bank Cards section, and your virtual card will stop operating. You will be able to issue a new card with new details in just a couple of minutes.
Cancel the card in the following cases:
- someone got access to your card number, expiration date, and CVC
- you've lost your phone to which we send you text message passwords for your card.
More concerning your phone: if you changed your phone number, be sure to link it with your Wallet and set it as primary under your account Settings. Passwords for your card will be automatically sent to your new phone number, and you will be able to get a text message with the expiration date and CVC.