How insurance works
Insurance covering life and limb is provided to all passengers and the driver in the case of an accident. Insurance coverage starts as soon as a ride with a passenger begins (i.e. when the driver taps On the way). It ends when the ride ends (when the driver taps Finish).
Who insures rides?
We work with several major insurance companies. To find out what company insured your ride, contact us.
How much does insurance cost?
For passengers and drivers, this insurance is free. You don't need to do anything to start your insurance. Insurance is already included for all Yandex.Taxi rides in Russia.
What is the amount of the insurance compensation?
Every driver or passenger who is injured in an accident is entitled to compensation:
- In case of injury: up to 2,000,000 rubles, depending on severity.
- In case of disability: up to 2,000,000 rubles, depending on the disability category.
- For death: 2,000,000 rubles, which is paid to the deceased's descendants.
The amount of compensation is determined by regulations established by the Russian government in Act N 1164 of November 15, 2012. N 1164.
How to receive compensation
- Go to a trauma unit or clinic to get a letter verifying that you were injured.
- Cooperate with the police department while they investigate the accident. When this process is completed, you will receive an official decision regarding the infraction.
- Contact us — we will find out what company insured your ride and send them your contact information.
- Representatives of the insurance company will contact you and let you know exactly what documents you will need to get compensation.
- Within two weeks after getting your documents, the insurance company will make a decision regarding your case and transfer money to your bank account.
If you still have questions or want to make an insurance claim, contact us.