How the insurance works
Life and limb for both passengers and drivers are covered under the policy in the case of an accident. Insurance coverage begins as soon as a ride with a passenger begins (i.e. when the driver taps On the way). It ends when the ride ends (when the driver taps Finish).
Who insures rides?
We work with several major insurance companies. To find out what company insured your ride, contact us.
How much does the insurance cost?
For passengers and drivers, this insurance is free. You don't need to do anything to start your insurance. Insurance is already included for all Yandex.Taxi rides in Russia.
What is the compensation amount?
Every driver or passenger who is injured in an accident is entitled to compensation:
- In case of injuries: up to 2,000,000 rubles, depending on severity
- In case of disability: up to 2,000,000 rubles, depending on the disability classification
- In case of loss of life: 2,000,000 rubles, where compensation is paid to the rightful heirs
The amount of insurance compensation is set based on regulations established by the Decree of the Russian Government dated November 15, 2012.
How do I get my compensation?
- Go to a trauma unit or clinic to get a letter of verification that you were injured.
- Take part in the accident investigation at the State Traffic Police department. When this process is completed, you will receive an official decision regarding the infraction.
- Contact us — we will find out what company insured your ride and send them your contact information.
- Representatives of the insurance company will contact you and let you know exactly what documents you will need to get compensation.
- Within two weeks after getting your documents, the insurance company will make a decision regarding your case and transfer money to your bank account.
Contact our support staff
If you still have questions or want to report an insurance claim, please contact us using the form.