(1) In 1770, James Cook landed on the east coast of Australia and claimed the land for Great Britain. (2) For many years after that, only a few people came to Australia (WILLING) ________. (3) It was too far from Europe to attract many outsiders.
(4) The first settlers were (PRISON) ________. (5) They were not asked if they wanted to come.
(6) Moving to Australia was part of their (PUNISH) ________. (7) In time they were joined by more willing settlers who wanted to find adventure and a better life.
(8)Like the settlement of the United States, much of Australia's history deals with the push west. (9) There was, however, one big (DIFFER) ________. (10) In their drive westward, the Australians found no rich river valleys or fertile plains. (11) Instead, they found only dry empty land they called the outback.
(12) The outback was (LIKE) ________ any place the early settlers had ever seen. (13) For months there would be no rain at all. (14) Then suddenly the skies would open up. (15) Within hours, rivers overflowed their banks. (16) Yet only a few days later the land would be as dry as ever.
(17) Few settlers were willing to risk their life in such a harsh land. (18) Then gold was (COVERED) ________ there in 1852. (19) Thousands flocked to the outback of Australia to make their fortunes.
Образуйте от слова (WILLING) в предложении (2) однокоренное слово, так, чтобы оно грамматически и лексически соответствовало содержанию текста.