Теперь Кью работает в режиме чтения

Мы сохранили весь контент, но добавить что-то новое уже нельзя

Was Shakespeare gay, and does it matter?

ЛитератураHistory+2
TheQSTN.com Team
Первый
I am the writer of a book (www.theroyalsecret) published in 2016 on Amazon on the life of...  · 22 июл 2017

It does matter to know if the writer of Shakespeare was gay as it gives a better understanding of the writer and his background.  What is known about Shakespeare, and very little is including whether or not he could even write, is that to all intents he was a married heterosexual family man.    However the other man most likely thought to have written the Shakespeare plays - Francis Bacon - who deliberately disguised his own identity to conceal his own royal birth, was a known bisexual in his own life time and was extremely close to Henry Wriotheseley, the beautiful 20 yr old who is the major suspect as the subject of the love poems in the Sonnets attributed to Shakespeare. This fact lends more proof to the version of events that it was Bacon who wrote in the masked name of Shakespeare. see www.theroyalsecret.info on the extraordinary life and loves of Francis Bacon and my book The Royal Secret published in 2016 on Amazon.

Professor of Modern History, Keele University, author of Picturing the Closet: Male...  · 8 нояб 2016
Wearing my professional historian’s hat, I’d have to say he wasn’t gay, because ‘gay’ wasn’t an identity in Shakespeare’s time. In the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, there was an admiration for the beauty of women and for boys, in terms of androgyny. Christopher Marlowe wrote about it as well as Shakespeare, namely older men looking at younger people, which makes us... Читать далее