General Terms and Conditions. Advertising Requirements
This document is a translation of General Terms and Conditions. Advertising Requirements in English. In case of conflict between the Russian version of General Terms and Conditions. Advertising Requirements and this translation - only the Russian version of General Terms and Conditions. Advertising Requirements is legally binding. The Russian version of General Terms and Conditions. Advertising Requirements can be found here: https://yandex.ru/legal/general_adv_rules/?lang=ru.
Yandex provides ad placement services to online advertisers who meet the following requirements.
Ad content requirements
1. Ads on Yandex should satisfy current Russian legislation. In particular, Yandex does not accept ads that:
1.1. use offensive language or obscene images disrespectful to gender, race, nationality, age, profession, social or financial status, religious or national symbols;
1.2. confuse or mislead users by:
containing false testimonies about the product/service.
containing false testimonies about the discounts/rebates/sales and/or their terms and rules;
- using/imitating standard graphical elements of the user interface (e.g. cursor image) and/or elements of the Yandex design, that do not function and therefore prevent the ad from being viewed in its entirety (e.g. search bar image, search request image, Yandex interface buttons);
being unclear about the source of information contained in the ad;
1.3. encourage unlawful conduct and/or promote cruelty and violence;
1.4. advertise a product or service, for which advertising in this manner, or at this time or place is illegal.
Specific features of ads for individual kinds of products are set out in the “Regulations for placing advertising on Yandex” (https://yandex.ru/legal/adv_rules/), which are a part of this document.
2. Yandex does not accept ads related to tragic events, if such ads aim to draw attention to the respective news/publications (including to the shocking content).
3. The text of advertising materials must be in Russian.
3.1. A foreign language is allowed in advertisements provided that it is used along with the Russian text which is identical to the foreign language text in both form and content.
3.2. If the information on the website to which the ad links is in a language other than the language contained in the ad, the ad should explicitly state this.
4. Prices of advertised goods or services should be given in Russian rubles, and in any foreign currencies where necessary.
5. Information contained within the advertising materials should correspond to the information provided on the website to which the user is directed. For example, if an ad offers a discount, then the link in the ad must take the user directly to the page on the advertiser’s website that clearly outlines information about this discount.
5.1. Advertisements for a news website featuring a news article published on the promoted website, should link to directly this article. The meaning of the ad text should correspond to the headline and content of the news article. If the ad text contains ambiguous, provocative or confusing statements, Yandex may require that the news headline fully corresponds to the text of the ad.
5.2. It should be clear from the ad text that it advertises a news website where the full text of the news article is available.
5.3. If a Flash banner ad features a news headline promoting a news website, the link to this website should be on the same slide as this headline. The font size of the headline cannot be larger than the font size of the link.
6. Use in advertisements superlative adjectives and/or information about the advantages of the advertised product over other products available on the market is permitted, if this information is confirmed by appropriate third-party research (conclusions, etc.)
8. The advertisements should not contain images of poor quality, including:
8.1. Images with distortion or noise because of file compression,
8.2. Images with low resolution, with low graphic definition and pixels.
9. The website of the advertiser to which the ad link leads, should not contain popup or popunder windows.
10. The webpage to which the ad links should open correctly in the browser and be free from script or program errors.
11. Yandex does not accept ads that lead to a website whose main purpose is to show advertising, i.e. websites displaying ads on more than half of their home page. We also recommend you to read “How does a quality website differ from a faulty website?” (https://yandex.ru/support/webmaster/yandex-indexing/webmaster-advice.xml)?
12. Advertisements, the main aim of which is to acquire personal information or money from users, are not permitted.
13. If an ad links to a page that cannot be opened or opens with errors, this ad will be suspended until the problem is resolved.
14. Any third party advertisements for a service similar to any of the services listed here: https://www.yandex.ru/all cannot be placed on any page containing a link to any of these services. This limitation does not apply to text ads placed via Yandex.Direct.
15. Yandex reserves the right to reject any advertisement without explanation.
16. Ads with geo-targeting, including targeting to Kazakhstan, have, in addition to the requirements set out above, also comply with the requirements set forth in the document “Requirements for Kazakhstan” (https://yandex.kz/legal/general_adv_rules/), which is an integral part of this document. If ads are exclusively targeted to the Republic of Kazakhstan, then they should comply only with the requirements set forth in the document “Requirements for Kazakhstan” (https://yandex.kz/legal/general_adv_rules/) (hereinafter – the “Requirements”).
Yandex reserves the right to unilaterally cease placing the ads targeted to Kazakhstan, if the ads contradict these Requirements.
17. When placing the advertising materials between July 1 and December 31, 2016 targeted at the Republic of Belarus, cost parameters in Belarusian rubles shall be shown in monetary units of 2000 and 2009, after December 31, 2016 – only in monetary units of 2009.
Date of publication: 04.04.2017
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/general_adv_rules/14022017/
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/general_adv_rules/01072016/
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/general_adv_rules/16022016/
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/general_adv_rules/01082014/
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/general_adv_rules/26062012/.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.ru/legal/general_adv_rules/20092011/.