Banner design requirements for the full version of the Yandex Home page and new tab page
The page contains reduced-size images.
- The font height on the banner should not be more than:
140 pixels, if the text takes up no more than 10% of the banner.
104 pixels, if the text takes up no more than 15% of the banner.
88 pixels, if the text takes up no more than 25% of the banner.
64 pixels, if the text fits on one line.
- 40 pixels, if the text fits on two lines.
- 30 pixels, if the text fits on three lines.
- The minimum font size for logos, messages, graphics, and disclaimers is 22 pixels. The exception is photos of packages and products as well as screenshots.
The margin between the edge of the banner and the text must be at least 20 pixels.
This does not apply to age restriction positioning.
The logo of the brand, product, or technology should not take up more than 28% of the banner space.
- Text on a complex multicolored background with small elements. The text must contrast against the background and be easily readable.
- Yellow background, because this color is used in standard Yandex page design elements. The acceptable yellow is #F0E5AD and lighter.
Duration of animation
- Do not use blinking banners or banner elements that distract the user.
- Banner elements may change no more than once every 2 seconds.
- On the freeze frame, the banner must display the main advertising message.
- An HTML5 banner can feature the View again button for restarting the animation scenario. An HTML5 banner can be interactive and respond to mouse movement and/or banner clicks to change the banner image in response to the action.
Readability of the mandatory information
Mandatory legal information (for example, bank name in the advertiser legal name, dates of a promo campaign, etc.), must be easily visible immediately, without the user's interaction with the banner. For more information, see additional recommendations.
Interface elements on the banner
- The banner must not imitate user interface elements, such as a Windows system dialog box.
- Banners must not contain standard user interface elements (cursor, search bar, buttons, and so on) that do not perform their applicable functions.
- Don't use yellow in interface elements, because this color is used in standard design elements on Yandex pages. The acceptable yellow is #F0E5AD and lighter.
If you need to apply an age restriction to a banner:
- Place it in the upper-right corner of the banner.
- Font: Arial regular, 24 pt.
- Color: #DADADA.Note.
If the grey restriction is not readable (for example, because it's on a multicolor background), put a white background layer under it.
App store button or badge
- Maximum size of the button or badge: 80px high, 280px wide.
- Don't use yellow for the button or badge color, because this color is used in standard design elements of Yandex pages. The acceptable yellow is #F0E5AD and lighter.
- The margin between the edge of the banner and the button must be at least 20 pixels.
- The app store badge must comply with the same requirements as logos.