How to evaluate the results of a display campaign on the Yandex Home page
You can view reports on the results of your advertising campaign after your ads start being served. Regularly review the statistics to evaluate the effectiveness of your campaign.
Which metrics to track
To analyze the effectiveness of a display banner placed on the Yandex Home page, it is important to evaluate its reach and attractiveness to users.
- Number of viewable ad impressions.
- Number of clicks on the banner.
- The number of unique users who viewed the ad. The reach is calculated based on the history of impressions on different user devices (smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers).
How to generate a report
Click the View statistics link on the display campaign page. In Report Wizard, create a report using the following parameters:
- Choose “For selected period”.
- Total expenditure
In the report, you will see:
- Media reach produced by advertising.
- How often users interacted with your banner.
How to make decisions based on statistics
- How to increase banner impressions
- If the campaign wins too few auctions for ad display, you can raise the CPM bid (for a manual strategy) or increase the limit on your average CPM (for an automatic strategy). Check the table to see if the bid or average price for different display regions and versions of the Yandex Home page are set correctly.
- How to compare banners
Unlike performance campaigns, banners belonging to the same ad group are served uniformly. You can compare them by the number of clicks. This shows user engagement with the banner. Add the Ad/banner № cross-section to the report and the Clicks and CTR (%) columns, and compare the metrics between banners.
- How to interpret statistics on clicks and conversions
Display ads can result in traffic to your website and purchases. You can compare different display campaigns by the number of clicks and conversions, but remember that reach and frequency of impressions are more important for them than clicks and conversions. You shouldn't compare the number of clicks and conversions with similar indicators in performance campaigns, because performance advertising focuses on existing demand, while display advertising creates more interest in a “cold” audience.