Теперь Кью работает в режиме чтения

Мы сохранили весь контент, но добавить что-то новое уже нельзя

Ваше любимое англоязычное стихотворение (желательно с переводом на русский)?

Искусство и культураЛитератураПоэзия
Дмитрий Воронов
  · 16,8 K
Пишу стихи, интересуюсь поэзией, в частности — русским футуризмом  · 14 июл 2016

«Квакерское кладбище в Нантакете» Лоуэлла. Прикрепляю картинками, поскольку уж очень много текста. Впечатляющий размах и бесчисленное множество параллелей, аллюзий, цитат.

Поэт, переводчик, литературный критик  · 8 июл 2016  · trepang.livejournal.com
Разрываюсь между Блейком, Вордсвортом, Донном, Элиотом, Эшбери и Лорой Касишке.  Ну пусть будет Вордсворт, 1798 год:  We Are Seven ———A simple Child, That lightly draws its breath, And feels its life in every limb, What should it know of death? I met a little cottage Girl: She was eight years old, she said; Her hair was thick with many a curl That clustered round her... Читать далее

ого, аж ком в горле

Творческая личность  · 29 июл 2016
Нравится стихотворение Эдгара По «Ворон». Классика американской литературы. Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore, While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. «‘Tis some visiter,» I muttered, «tapping at my... Читать далее
Айтишник, диванный футуролог, скептик, оптималист, знаток всякого разного  · 10 июл 2016
Down the river drifts an axe From the town of Byron  Let it float by itself Fucking piece of iron  Ну и русская версия: По реке плывёт топор Из села Куеуево Ну и пусть себе плывёт  Железяка куева Читать далее
лингвист, преподаватель английского и французского языков  · 8 июл 2016
Я очень люблю "Requiescat" Оскара Уайльда. Tread lightly, she is near Under the snow, Speak gently, she can hear The daisies grow. All her bright golden hair Tarnished with rust, She that was young and fair Fallen to dust. Lily-like, white as snow, She hardly knew She was a woman, so Sweetly she grew. Coffin-board, heavy stone, Lie on her breast, I vex my heart... Читать далее
Часть 22 из Песни о себе Уолта Уитмена.  You sea! I resign myself to you also—I guess what you mean, I behold from the beach your crooked inviting fingers, I believe you refuse to go back without feeling of me, We must have a turn together, I undress, hurry me out of sight of the land, Cushion me soft, rock me in billowy drowse, Dash me with amorous wet, I can repay... Читать далее
гуманитарий (зато честно)  · 29 июл 2016
обожаю читать я Бернса, углубляясь  в загадочность текста. представляю сие вам искусство, на обозренье, суд и баловство Coming Through The Rye O Jenny is all wet, poor body, Jenny is seldom dry: She draggled all her petticoats, Coming through the rye! Coming through the rye, poor body, Coming through the rye, She draggled all her petticoats, Coming through the... Читать далее
Allen Ginsberg - Song/Аллен Гинзберг - Песня The weight of the world is love. Under the burden of solitude, under the burden of dissatisfaction the weight, the weight we carry is love. Who can deny? In dreams it touches the body, in thought constructs a miracle, in imagination anguishes till born in human-- looks out of the heart burning with purity-- for the burden of... Читать далее
Техник-архитектор, студент-дизайнер, иллюстратор-фрилансер  · 29 июл 2016
Люблю Darkness от Байрона. I had a dream, which was not all a dream. The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars Did wander darkling in the eternal space, Rayless, and pathless, and the icy earth Swung blind and blackening in the moonless air; Morn came and went—and came, and brought no day, And men forgot their passions in the dread Of this their desolation; and all... Читать далее
the flesh covers the bone and they put a mind in there and sometimes a soul, and the women break vases against the walls and the men drink too much and nobody finds the one but keep looking crawling in and out of beds. flesh covers the bone and the flesh searches for more than flesh. there's no chance at all: we are all trapped by a singular fate... Читать далее